Wednesday, March 3, 2010



Chinese New Year is the occasion i look forward to every year. Reason? No only there is abalone and Lo-Hei but there is also all the yummy tibits, candies and chocolates! Not to say that you cant eat all those on normal days but the feeling is just so different when u share it with families and friends during this very special occasion.

This year New year Eve my mum was not around to prepare the food as she went back to Malaysia to celebrate with her parents, sisters and brothers at Ipoh. So because of this i had to went home to prepare all the food for 3 families straight after my half day work end. Thankfully one of the attachment student came back to help at work or i think i might feel too tired to go home to cut and marinate those meat or worse still, i might not be able to set up everything on time when they arrive at my house. Thankfully everything went on well. =)

The first day of new year is always the same. We will wake up early, bath and wear our new clothes and say new year greetings to our parents (this year without my mum). Then we will wait for our relatives to visit us. During the first day of new year i will stay at my house as it is always the 'main' house for gathering since our granny stay with us therefore relatives will come to our house as their first stop. And then Hong Baos and hong baos kept rolling in~~~~ So how many have you got yours?

Second days there wasnt anywhere we could go since my dad had gathering with his friends. My brothers and I went to suki Sushi to eat so as to kill time. Gathering with his friends is a standard procedure once every year. I was guessing that maybe this is the time when guys with guys could have a heart to heart talk or maybe some could even wind about their wives and children? Do guys wind about all these stuffs ?

Start Work on the third day of CNY.. how boring can that be. Anyway to summarise we gathered together quite a few times this year; on the Eve, First day, 7th day and last day of new year. Below are all the photos taken except for the 7th day as i was too busy eating. =p






I didnt prepare all these food (Above). I only prepare the Lo-Hei (Below)


Ebi Fry Sushi. Yum Yum*
Brothers. One busy munching his food, one busy looking at pretty girls walking by.

Chawamushi has always been my love.

My brother love handrolls.
Cousin and me.


Cousins and aunt.

At my house.





These 2 days i have been shopping with my colleague at Tampines Ikea, Giant and Courts. We just dont feel like going home so early after our work and so we chit chat and walk around. I think we spend most of our time chatting away.

I wanted to buy a carpet and a resting chair so i could 'create' a resting corner in my room and then also a chair for my study table. I wanted to change the look of my room after my sister get married which is 2 months from now. But my colleague told me that having a carpet is not a wise choice as it will be quite dusty. Im seeing how it goes now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home